Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stress Management Technique #27

Just in case you are having a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological journals. It really works. You might even smile.


Picture yourself lying on your stomach on a warm rock that hangs out over a slow moving stream

         Your hands dangle in the cool running water
         Birds sing sweetly in the cool mountain air
         No one knows your secret place
         You're in total seclusion from that hectic place called 'the world'
         The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air - a cascade of serenity
         The water is crystal clear & you can easily see .....
          ...... the face of the person you are holding underwater

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! The best advice I've heard in quite a long time. Thanks for the tip!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

oooh, i like it!

Gabriella said...

I LOVE this! I'd be out on that rock for days since I only have 2 hands. ;)

David Ebright said...

Hey Arlene - I'm switching from author to shrink. You're welcome for the tip.I send the bill out tomorrow.

Joylene - You're already close to a lake & a bunch of mountains. You wouldn't even have to travel. Practice on the cats. (Kidding)

Gabriella - My thoughts exactly. Had about 30 candidates in 'mind' for this exercise today. What's that statue in India with all the arms & hands?

Carol J. Garvin said...

Mind reading, are we? :) JK.

No stress in my life today... other than trying to keep up with all the comments on yesterday's post, and blinking rapidly at the increasing graphic of visitors to my site as a result of being featured on the Wordpress 'Freshly Pressed' site. Couldn't believe 2900 visitors yesterday and another 1100 today! Boggles the mind! It'll settle down to normal again, I'm sure, but it's been quite the ride. Stress? What stress?

laura best said...

And the birds are singing outside my house as I read this.!! After the week I had this wasn't kind of nice!!!

David Ebright said...

Hey, Laura - Wanna compare notes on a tough week? Well, mine, at least were work related. You could always use a pellet gun to take care of those annoying singing birds, maybe.

Carol! 4000 blog visitors? Dang, that would be cool. Good job.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

LOL

(shaking finger) shame on you!