Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Matter of Perspective

This is a picture of my granddaughter Isabel. (I annoy my mother by calling her 'Belly') Something has caught her attention. She seems amazed. Whatever it is, it has her totally spellbound. Sometimes I wonder how little kids think. They don't have a large vocabulary. Their experiences are limited as are their little memories. So what 'words' go through their minds. How do they differentiate good, bad, funny, strange, etc.? Most of 'em get the big/little idea early. They usually get the names of people, pets & objects that they're around often, BUT, when there's a surprise, something foreign, something never ever seen before - what registers?












Then of course there are little boys, like my grandson Jack, pictured below - Now this is where I relate a bit better - having been one & raised two. This is how I suppose most of us boys would tend to look at things that are new. We approach things we don't quite understand, a little differently. See, understanding could be just a simple matter of perspective.


2 comments:

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What sweethearts!
Great pictures, and I LOVE the name Belly!
Becky

David Ebright said...

Thanks Rebecca - I'm so backed up right now - getting ready for a week in Tampa (work - ugh!) & trying to get too much done before I go. Hope you have a great weekend.